Suspended cymbals with different sizes including arco, rolling etc

Dear users,

Could anyone recommend a good instrument set of suspended cymbals with diverse sizes, including arco, rolling etc.? I’ve been using a custom Kontakt instrument bank, but a premade set by a company dedicated to VST would sound better. Is there already a good library especially working seamlessly in Dorico with NotePerformer?

I made all the work (expression maps, MIDI mapping, playback templates) for Spitfire Percussion Joby Burguess… Have a look at the documentation? It’s not cheap…

1 Like

Cymbals without the rest of a percussion section you’re unlikely to find. That said, you could buy individual cymbals from VSL’s Vienna Instruments catalogue, but I doubt it would be value for money compared to just buying the percussion library outright. How many sizes do you want/need?

1 Like

Three or four? I do not assume precisely because it could differ from the character of the sound. Purchasing an individual package seems reasonable but just expensive.

Actually the VSL option is pretty cheap at the moment: https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Percussion/Cymbals
Go to the Sample Content tab to find out what’s there.

1 Like

OT Berlin Series are sold by instrument for the SINE player. I have the Kontakt version, which includes cymbals scratched by triangle beaters and cymbals bowed. Not sure if the articulations are the same in SINE, but I’d say they should be.

1 Like