SWAM Instruments not appearing

Currently working with High Sierra 10.13.6 and Dorico 3:

I’ve edited the whitelist so it looks like the following

At first I thought maybe it was because the SWAM vst files are actually symlinks to the .component. After a bit of searching through the AudioModeling knowledgebase I found a recommendation for Ableton and Reason compatibility to delete the symlinks and paste the .component files into the VST folder, changing the extension to .vst. This has also not worked.

I’m at a bit of a loss as to what to do now… Any insights or recommendations would be much appreciated! Cheers.

Please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the zip file that will be created on your desktop to a reply in this thread.

Seems like the plugin is being refused by the audio engine.
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.42 MB)

I would rather suggest OP to contact SWAM support to persuade them to make VST3 version of their plugins ASAC (as soon as their convenience).

I think I can see what’s happening here. The code that reads the vstwhitelist.txt file isn’t interpreting it correctly if it’s saved with LF line endings. Try replacing it with this one I’ve attached with CRLF line endings.
vst2whitelist.zip (304 Bytes)

Ahhh that would make sense. I know I’ve been able to get them working in the past with a previous version on a different computer. Will try that out when I get home from work and let you know! Thanks Paul.

Awesome - that worked perfectly! I think the issue might have come from me copying the .vst files and pasting them directly into the text file. macOS must add LF line endings by default.

Great, glad that worked. I think there might be a behaviour change in the audio engine - it should be able to handle either linefeed format.