Swing/Quantize presets organizer

wait…what? never saw this … Imma try this right now and see how it behaves in my C9.5

edit: No luck, it’s still a vertical list we cant even scroll with the mouse wheel … HOW ******* ANNOYING !!! At least on the video you linked you can see all your presets without scrolling, how can STEINBERG skip managing those lists??? Isn’t groove templates something used a lot in music making? Every DAWs are playing the “groove templete/ shuffle” card. With Cubase, 1-you gotta process them yourself (download or create, then list them one by one) 2-you gotta click that down arrow many times to see the list if you got more than 10 user quantize presets ???

DAMN Steinberg DO SOMETHING (and not a 99€ small update like that G.A.5) !!!

That’s interesting. I’ve always accessed the Quantize Presets from the drop-down menu in the Toolbar - which as we know shows them as a single long list. But in the video they’re accessing the Presets from the Inspector in the Key Editor which does indeed let you see them all at once. Too bad there is no Quantize Tab in the Project Window, just the editors.

Sadly it doesnt behave like that in C9.5 and C10 … we still have that one list, with an arrow to scroll one line at a time… a real pain in the A !!!

“dreaaaaaam iiiis myyyyy realiiiiityyyyy” LOL

No, this really does exist in C10, didn’t check C9.5 but I will. Problem is you can only access it via the Inspector which is where I’m least likely to need it. :frowning:

I know (I do use quantise with inspector, especially when in lower zone) but I doesn’t work on C9.5, but can you confirm it does in C10… I mean that the menu is showing more than 1 column.

I just checked the versions back to 8.5 and they all show the Presets as a table from the Inspector.

Seems pretty odd that they’d use the table format in one place and that horrible list in another. Why wouldn’t they use the table everywhere once they figured it out.

That’s a shame, cause I do believe it’s not a difficult programming skills they need here.
At least the table format is the least expected…nad something like “plugins manager” would be great, creating folders etc (like I said in the 1st post)

That plus the price of an update like the GA5 one (cause its not GA5 for real, its GA 4.5 and you pay 99€ for solo layers button, decompose function and some kits :question: :question: :question: ) and I think Steinberg is ruining all in front of their pairs (Ableton Live being now a reference in many pro music makers).

And that should be all over the place. The GUI for managing these lists of presets should be consistent everywhere. Compare Plugin Manager where folders & list of plugs can be managed in a flexible manner. Then look at the Logical Editor where presets can also be kept in folders, except you need to use the OS to create and populate those folders. And then Quantize presets are all thrown together. These should all be standardized to use the exact same interface.

+1 makes sense

Exactly

jftr, after upgrading to 10 all my saved quantized presets were gone.

I tried importing the .xml from 9.5 but it resulted in bad graphical behavior.
So, with no way to import I have to remake all my presets.

Please move this or remake the request in the 10 forum…

Just attempted to remake the Quantize preset and the GUI issue shows up so iow,
Seems like a Cubase bug!

I am using a 4k monitor and have a 135% zoom …Gonna try it again and reduce the zoom.
I’ve seen stuff like this happen in Cubase before, had a similar bug in 9.0 and 9.5… yea, so about 2019

ftr, I managed to correct the GUI by selecting the “Use Windows XP style DPI scaling”.
I have also re-saved all my quantize presets.

Wow thanks for the tip. Still pretty archaic, given computers ability handling databases.
Absolute shortcoming on Steinberg part, or a calculated move to include later and charge another $100 bucks for an update.