Switching from Audition (maybe)

I have used adobe audition for 30 years (originally cool edit) but I use Cubase 10.5 daily for time stretch. I would love to get off the Adobe gravy train and only use Cubase… But there are two critical things I need to figure out before I can make the switch. I have streamlined my editing to be super, super fast using key commands via a shuttle Pro…

1). I’d like to use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out of the way form without a modifier.

2). I need a way to add a specified amount of silence to the beginning and end of every track either prior to export or during export… Doesn’t matter as long as the finished product is one second before audio to second seconds at end.

These are 2 things I do over and over again daily. See video. - YouTube

Thanks for your time!!!

Hi,

Cannot access the Youtube link, the video is private.

1. ATM I don’t think this is possible. Hopefully Steinberg will add option to add the mousewheel to keycommands.

2. Just set the locators 1 second before and after the song. Audio Mixdown will export between the locators.

Thanks for your quick reply. Here’s a new video link: - YouTube

I will try to set locators and see how that works!

Is there an insert or generate silence function where a specified amount of time can be added?

No.

If you working with speech, Audition is pretty good for it. And most of the music-oriented DAWs are not compete. As an alternative, I’d recommend izotope rx.

Great! Checking out izotope rx right now…

To zoom in and out select the wave file, left click ‘z’, and hold ‘h’. To shrink the wave, hold ‘g’. Press ‘z’ again to reduce the zoom.

If you want to try something else, after you select the wave file, hit ‘z’ to zoom in as above, then set your mouse pointer in the bar indicator line at the top of your Project, left click (hold) and then drag your mouse downward through the project.