Switching from Avid

:smiley:
Finally finished my first major Dorico project, two days after finishing my LAST major Sibelius project.

Wow! I can’t believe how much easier Dorico is. No looking back.

I must say that I still have to remind myself from time to time that I can’t do certain things the way I used to-- that there’s a new better way to do them. But the changeover is less intimidating that I that it would be.

I want to thank the people in this forum for covering so many sticky issues. Every time I was stumped and couldn’t find some particular thing in the index to the manual, I was able to find it in a few minutes in the forum. I didn’t have to post a single topic while doing the project. Everything that puzzled me was either in the manual or in the forum, or both.

:smiley:

Lucky you are! While Dorico is pretty straight forward (my first project is a 277 pages score and it’s going very well!) I had no luck with the search engine here!!

kx3kx3, the search function within this forum is poor. If you use it with any frequency then I highly recommend the “dorfor” tweak explained by Daniel here: Forum search almost useless - Dorico - Steinberg Forums