Switching from e-Licenser to Dongle

I’m having a problem with SYNSOPOS.exe which is associate with my sof t e-Licenser. SYNSOPOS is consuming all my CPU resources which then freezes Cubase AI 6. If I purchase a dongle License will SYNSOPOS.exe go away and leave me alone? :laughing:

Joe H

Hello,

Please make sure you have the latest version of E-Licenser control center installed from here:

Are you getting any specific error messages?

Jeff,

I’m running Cubase AI 6 on a 32 bit XP machine and not Windows 7. So I’m wondering if that is my problem. The latest e-licenser is also listed for use on windows 7. So I’m wondering if updating the e-licenser will help or will I need to upgrade to Windows 7 with a Dual Core processor.

Joe H

Hello,

Since you are XP please use this version:

http://download.elicenser.net/downloads/Archive/eLC_6.7.1.8151/eLicenserControlSetup.exe

Thank you

Thanks Jeff ,

I will give it try and post a followup on the results.

Joe H

OK,

Is this e-Licenser for just for use with a USB Dongle or does work for a single machine using the HD serial number as the dongle like I’m using it now?

Joe H

Hello,

it is for both the Soft E-licenser and the USB key.

Thank you

Jeff,

Just a quick update to let you know the updated Soft e-Licenser fixed my problem with the SYNSOPOS.exe file. It is not hogging all the CPU resources anymore and Cubase boots up twice the speed. Opening Projects is twice the speed. I now get good response when editing HALion and other plug-ins and normal with any mouse selections within the program.

Thanks very much for your help. It is much appreceiated.

Kind Regards,
Joe H.

Hello,

Glad you are back up and running.

Thank you