switching to Cubase pro 8,5 from Reaper

I am switching to Cubase pro 8,5 from Reaper. Can I open Reaper project files (.rpp) in Cubase 8,5?

No. Cubase handles .cpr and .npr (Cubase/Nuendo projects) only.

There’s no DAW that reads files from other DAWs afaik. If Reaper offers .omf you have a chance to take at least some basic stuff over…

Nope.

Steer clear of OMF. It’s a PITA and not very standardised gor a so-called ‘standard’!

Reaper will timestamp audio, so you could render everything in Reaper then import audio and Move to Origin in Cubase.

But for anything more - creating channels, busing, clip gain, level automation etc - you need AATranslator. And even that won’t transfer everything.

Same goes for transfer between any DAWs.

Reaper has amazing bounce options so you could just print everything and import or run Reaper in Rewire. I think Reaper even uses 3rd party VSTs in rewire mode. Such a powerful DAW - excellent combo.

Reaper has amazing bounce options so you could just print everything and import or run Reaper in Rewire. I think Reaper even uses 3rd party VSTs in rewire mode. Such a powerful DAW - excellent combo.

I think the OP already made up his mind. Anyway OMF gets the basic structure into file, import it and recreate the rest, there isn’t a good alternive to my knowledge, SSL had a Project transformer tool, but probably is aimed at protools users and for all i know abandoned by SSL.