Symbols at the end of waveclip?

Hi,

First off, since I updated to 6.06 my manual’s gone missing. But I wouldn’t know what to look for anyway, so I thought this would be more efficent way:

My client sent me some vocal tracks to mix into an existing project. Every detail of the wav (samplerate, bit-depth, algorithm…) seems fine except for the origin time (recorded in studio one I presume) When I import them to pool and insert to project there’s two unkown sybols at the end of clips. A quarter note symbol and a wave symbol. What do those mean?

They are there for something significant since all the wav-files are too long, they don’t fit the tempo at all, but they sure fit the pitch. I think I’m supposed to make a few clicks here and there, but I don’t know where. Any ideas?
symbols.jpg

Maybe you should take a Cubase course before taking on any “clients”, especially if you can’t even locate the pdf. :confused:

:laughing:

Yes. My bad. Should’ve seen the relevance in clientworthiness and pdf-searching never mention memorizing the manual once it’s been found. My apologies.

Since you want to get sarcastic, saying you have a client infers you are a professional. No pro would take on a client before having at least a rudimentary grasp of his tools. The questions you ask are basic and the answers are in the manual which is easily found via multiple methods even if the links via Help are broken. That you can’t even figure out that simple task speaks volumes and if I were your “clients” I’d run as fast as I could to someone who could handle the job “professionally”.

I could be wrong, and will doubtlessly be corrected/admonished if so, but I’m not a professional so here is my free take: I believe the symbols you reference mean that a> the clip has been “stretched” to fit its current space (this would be the “wave” symbol) and b> it has also been transposed/pitch corrected (the “note” symbol). (b) is probably a function of (a) in that, if it’s an audio clip and it’s been stretched (or squished) (a) then some amount of (b) is going to have to logically occur or else it’s going to sound different – eg, like playing a 33 record at 45 speed it would sound higher in pitch unless some correction is made to the audio. This seems likely based on your description of the clip in question, which sounds like maybe it was not the same length as the other clips you had in your project already.

In short, they’re not so much signs of something that needs to be done as something that’s been done already. Whether or not you need to do something else is up to you I suppose, as in my non-professional situation I’ve never had a need to do any time-stretching and stuff so I can’t say what else you might be in for.

Good luck.

Cheers! I also noticed the effects, that it’s been stretched, but no sing of what caused it. But I thought it had something to do with musical-linear editing. Toggling the switch on the track did nothing but switching the playback “musical mode” off in wave editor did the trick.

…And immortal. I’m way too busy doing work to learn all the knobs and what nots. :wink: