Symphonic Orchestra (boxed version) does not show up in VST list

Hello all, I just bought Dorico Elements2 and very excited how my compositions in Cubase will look in Dorico and use the flexible tools Dorico provides. I bought Elements because Cubase is my main composition tool and also because I already own Symphonic Orchestra. Why pay twice, right?

After opening the vst instruments bay to my surprise The Grand 3 and Halion 6 are in the list but not HALion Symphonic Orchestra. I use it every day in Cubase but it does not show up in Dorico. In the Q&A I got the impression that Dorico would play nicely with Symphonic Orchestra. What is wrong with my setup? I already bought Symphonic Orchestra ages ago and I did update it to the latest version.

A little disappointed at the moment…

Cheers,

Rudie

If you have a valid license, then Symphonic Orchestra should also turn up in the list.
Could you please choose from the main menu Help > Create Diagnostic Report. That will create a zip file on your desktop containing log information. Please send it to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’. Thanks

You shouldn’t need the separate HSO plugin - all the sounds from it should be available both in HALion and HALion Sonic SE. It is preferred to use HALion or HALion Sonic SE because this can load 16 sounds on separate channels.

Try going to Play mode and in the Play menu choose Playback Template and then choose ‘HSSE+HSO (Pro)’ – that should reset your current project to load the HSO sounds automatically.

Hi Paul, thanks for the suggestion but I tried and it jumps back to Halion Sonic SE3. Guess because it is an Elements version.

It’s OK that HSSE3 shows up – that’s the correct plug-in to load the HSO sounds. Try starting e.g. a new string quartet project and you should see that e.g. HSO Violin Solo is loaded into the first slot in HSSE3 automatically.