syncing a mininova to cubase timecode via midi

Hey there,

so this is the first time I’ve ever used a midi cable. got cubase a couple weeks ago and now rented novation mini nova synth, but i am unable to figure out how to sync the mini nova with the time code in cubase. I’ve been all over the internet and I’m not finding anything that is specific enough for a midi/cubase. could someone maybe help me out…?

I don’ t think you can sync it via MIDI time code.

i guess i maybe meant the global time…? i want to sync the arp on the mini nova to the global time of the project I’m working on in cubase

Global time…? You mean MIDI clock - so you can tempo sync…?
If so “transport → Project synchronization setup” from there set the MIDI clock out ports depending on your hardware.
Configure the mini nova to slave to incoming MIDI clock - No I don´t know how you do that, I´m not using it. But I´m certain it comes with a mnaual.

actually, that was the process that i was doing, but for some reason my computer won’t recognize the synth when i use midi cables to my interface. it did however recognize it when i used midi to usb. so that is something i will have to investigate.

thanks for the help thus far!

it actually wouldn’t sync. and i have hooked it up via midi cables but am unable to find the mini nova in the project sync setup. the audio is recordable, but the arp isn’t syncing up with the bpm of the chosen song

you won’ t find the mini nova, you ’ ll find hardware MIDI Ports

then this will be a receive midi data option in the nova , if it’s possible you should have an option in the nova to sync .