Syncing Dorico's Tempo to Kontakt

Hi,

I’m trying to send my score’s Tempo value to Kontakt’s Master Tempo, to syncronize a library (Dominus) with the score. Syncronizing is needed to let the words and syllables of the choir advance to the same pace as the music.

The Ext option, in Kontat 5’s Master Bar, is turned on, but the Master Tempo value is not updated, and remains the default 120. Kontakt is directly inserted to Dorico as a plugin (no VEP or other shell in the middle).

Is Dorico supposed to send the Tempo value (shown in the score’s Tempo entry and the Time track) to Kontakt?

Paolo

Dorico does not currently send the current tempo value during playback, I’m afraid. This is something we plan to support in the future.

1 Like

I see. Hope it happens soon!

Paolo

Hello,
I also tried now to sync kontakt or rmx stylus , but it’s not sync! when I change tempo nothung change.
as this is very old, perhaps I do something wrong or Doriro 3.5 doesn’t send current tempo to vsti?
best regards

Dorico does not (yet) send tempo information to VST’s.

thanks

While waiting for the next version of Dorico, I will bump this request (and extend it to any other sample player). There are libraries, like Dominus, that can’t simply work without tempo synch, and others, like the Synchron ones, that have some features (like time stretching for articulation length, portamento or glissandi) not working.

Paolo

Let me add my um - voice? - to this request. I, too, am trying to write choral music with Dominus Pro in Dorico 3.5 and was disappointed to find that the library doesn’t function, because Dorico (still) does not transmit the current tempo? There are a lot of libraries that need this features, such as those which provide custom repeats that sync to tempo, etc. Can you please push this up your feature list? For now, back to Cubase, I suppose? Thank you - Eric

1 Like

Hi, seems plugin-sync is not implemented in v4, correct?

Correct. This is still something we absolutely intend to support in future.

2 Likes

Hi Daniel,

I would like to add here my strong interest on this matter.
Using extensively the VSL libraries, it would be great to have this feature in a nearest future.
Of course, I am fully aware of your very busy schedule.
I just let you know that another Dorico’s user would love to have this function operational.
Thank you.
Eric

2 Likes