System Recommendation for Cubase 12 pro

Hello. I’m just going to mix vocals. What should be the characteristics of my computer for this? I want to mix without freezing . Thanks in advance…

It comes down to what plugins you’ll be using, and if they are pre-recorded stems that you’re bringing in what kind of sample rate is being used.

i.e. processing 96khz+ vocal stems in real-time is more taxing than 44/48khz.

Is it a desktop machine or laptop that you’re thinking of? And do you have a target budget?

Unless you’re wanting windows for specific reason, You can’t go wrong with the new M1/M2 Apple Mac’s - they’ve got plenty of grunt regardless if you opt for iMac, Mac Mini or Macbook.

But really, any modern machine i5 and above should cope, as you can bring the audio buffer up if you’re not using it for recording or VST instrument use.

First of all, thank you for your answer. I will record vocals from scratch at 48kHz 64bit quality. My budget is changing and it doesn’t matter if it’s a laptop or desktop. I will use the Windows operating system. The plugins I will use are plugins from popular companies such as ozone, waves. With these add-ons, I will reveal today’s vocals.

First of all, thank you for your answer. I will record vocals from scratch at 48kHz 64bit quality. My budget is changing and it doesn’t matter if it’s a laptop or desktop. I will use the Windows operating system. The plugins I will use are plugins from popular companies such as ozone, waves. With these add-ons, I will reveal today’s vocals.