System Requirements

Is it already known on which computers/operating systems Dorico will run?

In particular, I’m using a mid-2012 Macbook Pro, will that do?

Hallo and congratulations!

I’ve read that Dorico will work in Win10. Will it work in Win7 too?
And I’m pretty sure that there will be a trial…

Thanks
Francesco

Steinberg’s policy on operating system support is to qualify the current version of the target operating system at the time of release of a given version of a product. What this means in practice is that Dorico will officially support Windows 10 (since it’s unlikely a whole new version of Windows will appear before the fourth quarter of this year) and whatever the current version of OS X is at the time of release (perhaps called macOS by then!).

In practice, I believe we are running Dorico in-house on a mixture of Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, and OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and 10.11 (El Capitan), with no major problems. I believe it can also be made to run on 64-bit Windows 7 if various runtime add-ons from Microsoft can be installed on the system, though I would definitely recommend using a more recent version of Windows.

I myself am using a mid-2012 MacBook Pro with Retina Display running El Capitan and Dorico runs great on it.

You will definitely need a 64-bit operating system, at least 4GB RAM (preferably 8GB or more), and around 12GB hard disk/storage space. An Internet connection will be required for product activation (and will be useful for downloading patches etc.). An ASIO-compatible audio interface (such as our excellent UR-22 Mk II, my own personal choice) is also recommended.

The above is all very provisional and totally subject to change. We will provide full system requirements as the release approaches.

Great! Thanks, Daniel.