System Text above Tempo Text

Is there a way to place system text above tempo text. I use the system text for a movement title. (In this case I can’t work with different flows.)
By default Dorico places the tempo text above the system text. I can drag the text in engrave mode, but then I have to do it for all the parts…
Schermafbeelding 2018-11-13 om 09.51.56.png

No, there’s no way to influence the order of these events, I’m afraid; as you’ve found, you have to move them in Engrave mode. I recommend switching off the ‘Avoid collisions’ property for the text item to make the staff spacing more stable when you swap the order of these items.

Nice to know I was not plain wrong in my different advices on FB…

I would love to see a hierarchy of text objects available in a future version, which would likely mean codifying items like section markers, etc. as paragraph styles. Maybe a vertical index in text styles akin to the voice index would be possible…

+1

1 Like

Thanks Daniel and Marc. This use of movement titles is common in concert band music…

If it’s movement titles you’re after, we have a much better solution in mind for this kind of thing than simply putting system text in at the start of the flow.