System Text in Score?

Ah yes, you even said “one flow” in your previous response but somehow I didn’t take that in fully!

Can you “customise” “instrument changes”?

If you can, you might be able to “trick” Dorico by inserting a “Song Title” as an “instrument change”, where each new song begins. just brainstorming

I get the impression that the OP wants the song titles to appear in every part but only above the top staff in the score. An instrument change would not do this; in fact, if the OP wanted the song title only to appear above the top staff, regular Text would accomplish the goal. I do not think that’s what the goal is.

Yes, that’s right, Derrek — I want the song titles to appear in every part but only above the top staff in the score. It’s no big deal to drag the unwanted song titles that are above the lower staves in the score to somewhere off the page; I was just hoping there was a more elegant way to hide or delete them. I can certainly live with dragging them off the page.

Would taking the reverse approach–showing system text only above the top staff and then adding corresponding tempo text (as SHIFT-X text) manually above the Violin I staff–be less work overall? I expect it would depend on how often you changed tempi.

If you were going for another solution than using system text (which i myself find perfectly adequate for the job), I think the best way would be if it was possible to create custom rehearsal marks (like what some of you suggested with the tempo text). This was what i used to do in Finale 2012 anyway - worked as a charm!