System text

Hi!

I often need to write things like “Repeat 3X”, “Open”, “On Cue” and so forth in my scores. I like to use Bold text in boxes and write it as system text. It shows on the top staff in the score and i all the parts. Haven’t found a way to do that. Is that possible in Dorico?

/O

There’s no really good way of doing it at the moment, now. You can use tempo items to do it (via the Shift+T popover) provided you’re happy to specify a metronome mark (e.g. append “q=120” to the end of the text you want to appear). You can hide the metronome mark itself via Properties afterwards.

Thanks Daniel!

Ok, are you going to include a system text function that can do stuff like that in a future update?

Best wishes!
/O

Yes, in future, for sure.

I hope such system text (when implemented) will be variable in font, size, and style on an individual basis to make it usable in different situations for different purposes.

For example, I would use a different font/weight for “Repeat 3x” than I would for a cue line over a fermata or vamp.

is there a way that system text shows above every instrument-group in my conductor score?
I searched the forum, but couldn’t find anything.
Up till now system text only shows above my flute, which is VERY hard to see/find for the conductor if you have a small score with 40 instruments…

See https://steinberg.help/dorico/v3/en/dorico/topics/notation_reference/notation_reference_staves_system_objects_changing_positions_t.html#notation_reference_staves_system_objects_changing_positions_t

perfect…thanx ! :slight_smile: