System-Wide features request - User Stories

System-wide find all unused files
As a Cubase user, I want the ability to select a drive on my computer and Cubase should tell me all the audio files that are not inside a Cubase folder and are not used in any Cubase projects. So that I can see what unused audio files are taking up space on my computer.

System-wide delete all unused files
As a Cubase user, I want the ability to delete all audio files that are inside a Cubase folder but are not used in any Cubase projects. So that I can free up space on my computer before I back it up.

System-wide backup
As a Cubase user, I want the ability to select a source drive on my computer and Cubase should identify all of my projects. So that I can see all of the projects I can backup.

As a Cubase user, I want the ability to select a target drive on my computer and Cubase should calculate if I have enough available space to perform a backup. So that I can see if I have enough disk space to backup all of my Cubase projects.

As a Cubase user, I want the ability for Cubase to perform a full backup of all my Cubase projects onto the target drive I have selected. So that I have a way of backing up all of my Cubase projects in one go.

In the meantime, there are the standard backup tools already builtin to the operating system:

Or 3rd party backup/restore software like Macrium Reflect

1 Like