Systematic error message launching Cubase 12

I bought CUBASE 12 Elements and I have a systematic error message when launching Cubase 12. The program does not launch because of an error while running the HALion Sonic SE program com.steinberg .HALionSonicSE. I uploaded this item again.
After restarting safe mode several times, sometimes Cubase 12 launches. It is very painful! Does anyone have the solution ? THANKS

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Make sure the HALion Sonic SE is up to date. You can also install the latest HALion 7.

If it’s still crashing, attach the crash/dmp file.

Hello and thank you for your answer Martin Jirsak. I just checked that I installed the latest version of HALion 7 from the Steinberg site at the time of installation.
You are talking about a crash/dmp file. Where can I find it? thank you for the answer

Hi,

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder or Crash Reports in macOS 10.15 (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Thanks … but … I don’t know what to make of this…

Translated Report (Full Report Below)

Process: Cubase LE AI Elements 12 [9692]
Path: /Applications/Cubase LE AI Elements 12.app/Contents/MacOS/Cubase LE AI Elements 12
Identifier: com.steinberg.cubasesoft12
Version: 12.0.60.453 (12.0.60.453)
Code Type: X86-64 (Translated)
Parent Process: launchd [1]
User ID: 501
Date/Time: 2023-04-08 06:44:52.3317 +0200
OS Version: macOS 13.2.1 (22D68)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: (I removed the code because I imagine confidential)
Sleep/Wake UUID: (I removed the code because I imagine confidential)
Time Awake Since Boot: 24000 seconds
Time Since Wake: 532 seconds
System Integrity Protection: enabled
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Please attach the file itself to your next message rather than the content of the file. There are some people here who can read such files and might be able to guide you.

It is possible that you don’t yet have the right to upload a file as you are a newcomer to this forum (welcome, by the way). @Martin.Jirsak can make sure to yield you the right.

Just start a reply and drag’'n’drop the crash file onto the text editor box.

1 Like

indeed I must not have the right to put a file, it is not possible. Maybe @Martin.Jirsak can give me the rights.
I dragged the error file hope it works
Cubase LE AI Elements 12-2023-04-08-150052.ips (35.5 KB)

Hi,

Sorry, for the delay.

The crash comes from HALion Sonic SE. Make sure, you have the latest update of the plug-in installed, please.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I came to the same conclusion. I reinstalled HALion Sonic using the key Steinberg gave me. I checked it is indeed HALion version 7.0.0. I installed ALL files without exception. When launching HALion Sonic SE it tells me that I don’t have the link key. While I introduced it before downloading. I created a question ticket to Steinberg because I can’t. Thanks so much for your help!
!
Capture d’écran 2023-04-10 à 11.56.55|690x223

Cubase 12-2023-08-11-231219.ips (55.4 KB)
Couldn’t launch cubase 12 either,same problem got any solutions?

The crash is in HALion Sonic SE. You have HALlion Sonic SE 2.0.3.94 installed in the /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/*/HALion Sonic SE. Please install the latest HALion Sonic SE 7 and remove/delete the old HALion Sonic 2.

En effet le problème vient de HALion Sonic SE. Je ne suis pas parvenu à régler le problème après plusieurs tentatives, j’ai dû contacter la hotline de steinberg. La personne a pris la main sur mon ordi et après quelques manipulations sur HALion Sonic SE le problème a été résolu.
Le problème ne semble pas uniquement chez moi …

Thank you for reply! I follow the instructions of the “read me”file already installed the latest version, but how do I uninstall the old one, simply delete them from the folder? that wouldn’t work …and may have cause some path issues.

Hi,

Yes, please. Follow the path I mentioned above, please.

I already deleted this folder, but still couldn’t launch, the notification stays the same.

Hi,

Are you in the system- or the user Library folder, please?

In user library folder

Hi,

Try the system one, please.

Hi,
I’m having the same problem. Cubase crashes every time on startup. The problem seems to be Halion, indeed. I’ve removed the folders for Halion 2 and installed Halion Sonic 7 and Halion Sonic SE 3.
No success, unfortunately. My Mac (Intel based) runs on Macos Ventura 13.5.
I hope someone can find a fix.
Thanks.
Nicolas

Attach the *.ips file, please.