Tascam US-800 compatibility problems?

Does anyone use a Tascam US-800 with Cubase 6 (32 bit), or does anyone know of any compatibility problems there? I am using Win 7 64-bit. I am up-to-date with my Tascam drivers and have the Cubase 6.0.5 patch. I plug my US-800 in, launch Cubase, and CRASH! Every time guaranteed. I’ve even gotten the “blue screen of death” a couple of times with a message that pointed to the US-800 drivers. I reinstalled the drivers with no luck.

If I flip it around, launch Cubase first and then plug in my device, I get no crash and Cubase sees my audio ports, but it fails to recognize my MIDI ports.

I’m not convinced it’s a hardware issue despite the blue screen message because I did not have this problem when I was using LE5.

Found the problem. I was booting with my Korg Triton, which is attached to the Tascam MIDI ports, already powered on. I tried the whole sequence again with the Korg OFF and everything came up fine.

I don’t know if that’s a Tascam or Cubase problem, but my old combination of Sonar software and Frontier Design Group hardware was never that finicky :open_mouth: