Template and Library questions

Good morning team!

A few quick questions:

1. Can I import all library settings marked as different in one go? Or do I have to go one at time? It would be nice having a choice to import in sections or even globally.
  2. When building user templates, it seems that I cannot overwrite existing templates, I first need to delete them?
  3. Using a saved template, the title font is not updated to Petaluma when using that template later, I have to manually switch music fonts.

Thx,
Benji

1 Like
  1. I donā€™t think so, no.
  2. Yes, thatā€™s correct.
  3. Do you mean Petaluma Script is not saved for the Title? Just that font?

The capability to import whole classes of settings and options in the Library Manager will be added in due course.

2 Likes

Well, even if I use the factory Lead sheet under ā€œSoloā€, the title is still in Academico. I havenā€™t tried other text yet.

1. I think that if you ignore the warning your updated template will be saved. Not by using save but by using Save as template

Iā€™ve run into #2 today (I need to update a template and canā€™t save it). Where can I find the original? Iā€™ve tried looking in the application support > steinberg > dorico 4 but Iā€™m not seeing the template files in the main folder or the sub folders.

As an aside:

re: manual

@Lillie_Harris , I was surprised that the landing page for templates makes no indication that a user can save their own. Based on the links, Iā€™m not sure where else to click to find out about the saving or editing process, and if I didnā€™t know before hand that this was a feature, there is nothing here to clue me in that such a feature even exists.)

EDIT: I after going through 16ish pages of search results using various search terms, I suppose this is because that portion of the manual has yet to be fleshed out.

Project templates are located in /Users/your-username/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico 4/Project Templates.

This is what I thought, but as you can see, something is not right here. I did a standard installation (save the sounds, since I always use the silence template). But, those folders are not there.

If I go Macintosh HD / Library/ Application Support / Steinberg / Dorico 4, (i.e.-circumvent the username) that folder is empty too. I even have the option to view hidden files activated. No dice. So, Iā€™m at a loss for whatā€™s going on. It appears the same on both of my file browsers (finder and pathfinder). If I donā€™t go to my username, I can at least see the Dorico 4 folder, but it too is empty.
Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 10.32.39 AM

It looks like youā€™re in the System folders not the User folders.

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 10.35.49 AM

Sorry, not on a Mac so forgive me if Iā€™m out to lunch. :laughing: But, I donā€™t see Library between username and Application Support. Either youā€™re someplace else or the Finder is not showing the full path.

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 10.39.44 AM
This is what I see when I navigate via the system, which, I gather is what I should see under my USER files, but as you can see from my previous post, that folder is curiously almost empty.

Well, you put me on to a clue. In normal finder, for some reason, I cannot view the folders in the proper order.
That is to say, I can either go
HD / Library / Application support or
HD / Users / username / application support, but for whatever reason, the ā€˜libraryā€™ is hidden from me in my user folder, hence the confusion.

Thanks to your tip, using an alternate browser, I could see an additional library file that is hidden (noooo idea why/how as I have admin privileges on this machine) and clicking on the hidden file in the proper order permitted me to get where I needed to go.

But it took an alternate browser and a hidden file to get there. At least Iā€™m sorted now. thank you!

Linux people have actual arguments about what goes where - lib, user/lib. shared/lib, opt/libā€¦ etc. The down side of community standards LOL.

I vaguely remember something about Library being hidden and you have to press <Option> or some other meta key to see it from the Finder.

1 Like

Where in Windows?

On Windows, itā€™s in %APPDATA%/Steinberg/Dorico 4/Project Templates.

You shouldnā€™t have an Application Support folder directly underneath your home.

As mentioned, hold Alt in the Go menu to reveal the user Library.

Youā€™ll have to take that one up with some random installer, Iā€™m afraid, as I didnā€™t put it there!