I found a thread that said this was a problem back in 2015 but can’t find anything else.
- Create empty project
- Add MIDI track and create some content (in this case Addictive Keys piano content)
- In Tempo do a ramp reduction from 96 bpm to 65 bpm over 5 bars (4/4 time)
- You will see the ASIO skyrocket during the temp change
- Add another MIDI track and create some content (in this case NI Action Strikes via Kontact 5)
- Watch as ASIO goes into the Red and the audio artifacts go into overdrive
I have checked this with buffer sizes from 128 to 512 and with ASIO guard on/off and at Low to High.
System is i7 3930k 3.2 GHz
Focusrite Liquid 56 - Firewire
Windows 7 pro SP1
Cubase 9.0.1 Pro
There are 3 VST instruments loaded (Kontact, Addictive Keys and Addictive Drums) and I have 5 instruments loaded into Kontact. As I am still writing this track there are no FX loaded or anything else going on during the tempo change.
Other than that the project works fine and ASIO stays pretty low.