Tempo Map troubles

Cubase 6.02, PC Win XP

Some minor problem when I go to my tempo map (ctrl+t). I’m used to earlier versions of Cubase where I could just highlight the tempo at the top, type in a new one, and done. That, or using the arrows beside the window doesn’t work at all. Help?

Also, kind of similar to my last post, (EVENT - Colour/Handles - Cubase - Steinberg Forums) I’m having a difficult time with the colour of the tempo line on the Tempo Map Page. I’d prefer just the blue line, with the black to red markers. I’m seeing a line slightly darker than the grid, with a black marker that turns white when selected. Any way to change this?

This may be a stupid thought, but since I’m having colour troubles, would me using Win XP as opposed to Win 7 have anything to do with me seeing some pretty messed up colour schemes?

Now that Cubase has also the Tempo and Time Signature tracks available in the Project window itself (where editing can be done in the Project window’s Info Line), the Tempo Track Editor window has been changed accordingly, and now has an Info Line of its own (which wasn’t there in previous versions).
The “old” box is now identical to the Tempo Box in the Transport Bar… you can still enter the Tempo directly, when tempo is set to “Fixed”, and when it is set to “Track” it merely displays the tempo at the current Song Position.

Also, kind of similar to my last post, (> EVENT - Colour/Handles - Cubase - Steinberg Forums> ) I’m having a difficult time with the colour of the tempo line on the Tempo Map Page. I’d prefer just the blue line, with the black to red markers. I’m seeing a line slightly darker than the grid, with a black marker that turns white when selected. Any way to change this?
This may be a stupid thought, but since I’m having colour troubles, would me using Win XP as opposed to Win 7 have anything to do with me seeing some pretty messed up colour schemes?

Hmmm… Here (on Mac) the tempo line is only grey when in Fixed mode. When in Track mode, the tempo line is red, with un-selected tempo points white, which turn black when selected :confused:.

Thanks for the reply!

I prefer to just use the Tempo Editor, and keep less tracks in my project window. On the transport bar I have it set to Tempo Track. In the tempo editor window, I can add tempo points to the line, select them, but can’t input the new tempo in the box. If I want a tempo change to work, I have to drag the point to the new tempo. This is far more tedious and time consuming, being careful to get it right on the new tempo (ie 160, and not 160.250, 160.500, etc).
I just want to add tempo points, select them and then type the new tempo. For some bands I track there have been numerous tempo changes, and I can’t imagine having to carefully drag each point for each one. I could be there all day!

This is another aspect of C6 I feel didn’t need any improvement, or new features. But that’s just me!

That reads like you don’t have the Tempo Track Editor’s Info Line open… Make sure the “Show Info Line” button is visible (by right-clicking in the toolbar at the top, then activate the button, of course :wink:.

Hmmm, ok this one is news to me! I’ll try it out!! Thank you!