Tempo marking appearing weirdly in string divisi

Weirdly, I have tons of string divisi and tempo markings of all shapes and sizes, but just this one is behaving oddly. The “accel.” is incorrectly repeated for the lower divided staff, but if I add a system break between the accel. and next tempo marking, it disappears. If I try to move the “ghost” accel., the correct one moves, but not the ghost marking. If I change the text of the accel., it takes a few actions before the ghost marking accurately reflects it.

In this gif, you can see the “ghost” tempo marking (the “real” accel. is obscured by the signpost). I’m trying to show how adding system breaks weirdly affects whether or not the ghost tempo marking is shown, and its behavior as I try to move it around.

Amazingly, I was able to export a small file to show you all how this works! Here it is.
Tempo Marking in m15.dorico.zip (920 KB)
Any suggestions for dealing with this would be helpful. At the moment, my plan is to place a white text object on top of the ghost marking, since this is a good layout for the system and I need a real accel. for the other 30 parts I’ve been engraving. Thanks!

Jeff
Bizarre Tempo Marking.gif

Unfortunately this kind of thing will happen from time to time in divisi music. There are some remaining problems that we plan to come back around to address with divisi, but unfortunately we’re unlikely to be able to resolve them in the immediate future.

I have also noticed issues with transposing instruments and Divisi. Accidentals appear in the original part, but then all of them do not transfer to the new part once it’s been divided (see attachment). I work around this currently by going in the properties panel to manually click “show/hide accidental” to correct the issue, but one is bound to miss things working with a large score in this way. Also, when I do this work around in the full score, it does not transfer to the parts, but this might have more to do with the properties panel settings between parts and score. I don’t know. I just wanted to bring this issue to your attention as well, in case you were not yet aware of it.

Yes, we’re aware of this one as well. It’s tricky because there is inherent ambiguity in how accidentals ought to carry over when the number of staves changes even from a philosophical point of view, e.g. when going from two staves to one, does it make sense to show cautionary accidentals arising from both the first and second divisi sections that have now rejoined a single staff, and so on. But from a purely technical point of view there is a further problem, which is that accidental calculation is inherently based around an individual staff, and trying to take multiple staves into consideration is impossible at the present time.

Cautionary accidentals are one thing, but if I’m not mistaken the F-natural/F-sharp dissonance that Dorico has created at the end of beat 2 of that example is terrifying!!

I suppose there are no developments on this yet. :sob:

I am working on a huge project with many divisi and the duplication of the time markings are everywhere… Has anyone come up with a workaround in the meantime (apart from shifting the tempos, this would imply that their rhythmic positioning would be wrong)?

Thanks

test.dorico (366.0 KB)

If I move the tempo marking one 32nd to the right (in Write mode) it often solves the problem.

Thanks rkrentzman,

Sometimes it works, sometimes doesn’t. It’s really context-sensitive.

Until now, the only workaround I have found is to use a system break.
Unfortunately it does not always produce acceptable results.

Does anyone have any news about this issue? I’m having the same problem:

Any updates would be a great help!

Unfortunately there’s no good workaround for this, except to move the point at which the unison is restored until after the end of the rit. indication, e.g. move the unison point to rehearsal number 49.