Tempo marking quarter-note symbol missing

In Dorico 4, I’ve found that the tempo markings no longer show the quarter-note symbol in the text. Maybe I’m missing an option, but projects in Dorico 3.5, which showed them before, are now missing in Dorico 4.

Tempo Marking Bug

Tempo Marking Bug.dorico (418.7 KB)

Time to restart your computer? :wink:

Aww, shucks. I was hoping it was more complicated than that! :wink: That seemed to fix it.

Usually you are recommended or promted to restart your computer after the installation process has finished. No such thing happened on the installation of the upgrade to Dorico 4.
Maybe you should consider this for the future .

Hello,
I would like to resurrect this discussion, because I am having the same problem as OP. I tried restarting my computer and that did not work.

I am on Dorico 5.1.10.2081. I have been using this version since the update. Before the update I had this problem once, and now again. Although it does not happen all the time.
I have attached a file.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Cello part for question.dorico (2.1 MB)

Your Font Styles / Metronome Music Text Font is set to Academico, which doesn’t have that glyph. Set it to Bravura Text and it works fine.

3 Likes

Check Library Manager. You have changed some font options from Dorico Defaults. If you restore the defaults, the problem disappears.

(I’m no expert on this, but I think the fonts you replaced lack music symbols, hence the blanks)

Hello FredGunn and Janus, thanks for this! Super! It worked as you said.!
Whew. I am supposed to deliver and this was holding me back. !

1 Like