Tempo Rec Automation?

Hello everyone,

I just recently discovered the slider at the top of the Tempo Track Editor titled “Tempo Rec.” I can’t seem to find too much information about it but I have some questions about its functionality.

A) Can it be automated via midi CC (slider/knob)?
B) Can this be associated to the functionality of the Leap Motion device to use hand motions to help control tempo?
C) If none of the above, does anyone know of a way to automate that slider with an external controller?

Either way, using a mouse to adjust it in real time is a nightmare. I do love Cubase’s ability to be re-configured to work with many different devices as well as customized to fit different keyboard and mouse workflows. Any news about this feature would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers,

Chris

Now, a few years later, I’m asking the same question, having just installed Cubase 8.5 PRO.

Tempo is one of the most important things to be able to automate with a controller.

I don’t understand how people are fine-tuning their virtual orchestrations on Cubase, if this feature is still missing. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I could not find any information on this whatsoever.