Tempo text, how to?

Does the Bravura Text font appear to be working properly on your system if you use it in e.g. Word? You’ll need to copy and paste glyphs from e.g. this page and then change the font to Bravura Text.

Here are the results of pasting a few random glyphs into MS Word
msword test.png

Well, that looks more or less OK. And the test project you sent to John also looks OK. What version of Bravura Text is installed on your computer, if you check its version number by double-clicking the file in the Windows Fonts folder?

Bravura = 1.210
Bravura Text = .990

Aha! The version of Bravura Text that Dorico installed for me is 1.204. (Bravura is the same as Ed’s, 1.210).

I downloaded the fonts again from the website http://www.smufl.org/fonts/ to see if there was a newer Bravura Text v1.204. It had the same version font I have now .990. How can I get the newer Bravura Text BravuraText.otf file?

Try GitHub - steinbergmedia/bravura: Bravura music font, reference font for SMuFL (Standard Music Font Layout).

If that doesn’t work, you might need to do something like delete your existing fonts and re-install Dorico - but I don’t know what that might do to your Dorico license code!

Tried to download form here bravura/redist/otf at master · steinbergmedia/bravura · GitHub but it says that font is not valid when I double click on it.

That’s going to be the problem, Ed. Get rid of that old version of Bravura Text and replace it with a later one. Running the Dorico installer again should do it, or you can grab a pretty recent version from GitHub and install it manually.

All sorted, thanks - used the link above. May be something to look into on the Dorico Windows installation scripts. I had installed the Bravura fonts some time back before Dorico was available. Looks like my fresh Dorico install 2 months ago didn’t replace that old version of the font, and I don’t recall telling it not to (nor even being given the option).