Terrible Customer Support

I raised a query over 2 weeks ago. I have had acknowledgement but nothing since. I have also followed up twice and still nothing. Absolutely terrible service.

1 Like

What’s your point? Ask your question.

2 Likes

The point is clear, there is no question. Posted out of sheer frustration innthe hope that a Steinberg Rep. Would read and perhaps check to see why i am not getting any support. My issue is regarding duplicate licenses now i have upgraded to Absolute 6. I have had two people interested in purchasing the licenses that are now surplus as i already had half a dozen of the elements within Absolute 6. Tne standard value being around £800 and had an offer for £200. I wanted so clarity from Steinberg on a couple of particular points before i sold them on. Now lost both sales.

1 Like

All the info you need is in the Steinberg Resale Wizard

Since the information is provided on their website, I’m sure they need to prioritize support to those whose questions cannot be solved via the info they provide.

1 Like

The information i require is actually not within the resale information. I hardly think two weeks plus is priority.

1 Like

So divulge what it is you need to know.

I may be mistaken, but I think the OP’s point is clear - he is unhappy with support. A little TLC never goes amiss of course.

To the OP: It may depend on your location, but calling support can sometimes get a same day answer. Other than that, most of the time, while waiting for an official answer, folks here on the forum might be able to help.

1 Like

Eventually after several more attempts contacting CS, I have recieved reply and answers. FYI, the reason I needed answers from Steinberg is that I wanted to be very clear which items I could sell on due to crossgrade to Absolute 6. Although guys in here are very helpful I needed this to come from Steinberg in case I acted upon incorrect information. That is to say I did not want to sell a product that later rendered my crossgrade unusable.
As it happens the reply I got was better than expected. I crossgraded from GA5 or Halion 6 (i cant remeber which one I used) and assumed that which ever item I used I would not be able to sell that item as it would be tied to my crossgrade. It turns out that I can actually sell both of these (and other VSTs that I now have duplicated in Absolute 6). Not only that but when I did the crossgrade they automatically upgraded my Halion 6 license to 7. So i was expecting to have GA5 for sale and a couple of VSTs but now I have Halion 7 full license also. So once I deactivate them I will be looking for buyers if there is anyone interested. I will have GA5, Halion 7, Triebwerk, Hypnotic Dance, Elements 11 and possibly two more which I am querying. Also a USB dongle to include for free if the two main VSTs are purchased together.
Anyone interested drop me a message. I am in the North East for anyone that would prefer to pick up.

thanks for interest and thanks to Steinberg support for coming through (eventually :slight_smile: )

1 Like

So in the end you actually got fabulous customer support?

No not at all. The answer I got was better than expected, however the support was far from adequate.

2 Likes