Terrible customers service

as it turned out only after I requested return from Asknet people from Steinberg replied to my ticked, and it had a perfect sense as it was easier for them to ignore it because they would save £80 on my mistake. At first they said it’s impossible to return registered soft but in the end it was, they sent me those codes to unregister/reregister and so on. I new I had my rights there hence didn’t let it go. What bothers me is the way they handled the case. What should be easy was unnecessarily made difficult. My bet is they knew very well what I wanted from the start but were hoping I would give up

Really, it looks like someone at Steinberg didn’t understand your request at first- since you never activated the software. What you’re saying here isn’t likely, no one you had contact with at SB has anything to do with sales, and has no reason to try to screw you out of money. It’s confusion and bad communication, not larceny, in my somewhat informed opinion.

FYI,
Steinberg responded to my support request 21 days after I opened it!

I was trying to update my Halion Sonic SE to the latest version, and nothing was happening when I did as instructed on web page.

Issue now solved but I needed a download link sent directly for resolution.

Once they finally contacted me it was sorted out quickly, but here is the question:

Either Cubase is rubbish so they have very high numbers of support tickets OR they aren’t staffing the support pages properly, what do you think?

Three weeks for a support reply on a product under warranty is unacceptable in my book.

1 Like

Same experience here. I’ve opened a ticket and no reply after 22 days. Not even acknowledged. I never had to use the customer service but this was a wake up call for me