Text below Tablature default setting

Dear Forum,

the text appears between Staff and tablature when I chose the “below” option. If it is block text, the two systemes are spread according to the amount the text needs…

How to avoid that behaviour to force dorico 3.5 to write below the tab staff?

THX
Best
BX

I’m afraid there’s no option for this at the moment (neither in Dorico 3.5 nor in more recent versions).

You have two options that I can think of: either create a second guitar instrument held by a separate player so that you have one player showing staff notation and the other showing tablature by adjusting the options on the Players page of Layout Options, so you can add text directly on either the staff notation or the tablature (and of course you’ll need to manually copy and paste the music between the staff notation and tablature, since there won’t be any direct link between them any longer).

Or you can drag the text in Engrave mode.

1 Like

That´s kind, Daniel,

First Hand Infos here!!
I would place the text with “Above” setting and drag down later on in Engrave Mode. That will do it!

THX
Best
BX

When you’re moving text far away from its original position, my best advice is to disable text collision avoidance first – that way, Dorico won’t continue to “make room” for it as if it were still above the staff.

1 Like