Text chains?

Now that the beautiful 2.0 release is out (great job!), can you guys give an idea of when we will be able to chain text like we can with music? It is the single feature that is keeping me from being able to do these books I’m working on within only Dorico. Thanks!

I’m afraid I can’t say for sure, but it’s probably not going to be imminent, I’m afraid.

Am I mis-remembering that you said it was coming? Has it fallen off the to-do list, or is it coming but you just don’t have a timeframe?

You’re mis-remembering: Text: chaining and more IDs in the future? - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

Huh? I see that I am not mis-remembering. I was asking if it was coming at some point. That thread says yes. Thanks for finding the link.

You’re mis-remembering if you thought Daniel had said it was imminent :wink:

I’m asking if it is still going to happen or if it has fallen off the list. That is what I’d like to know. Thanks.

If you keep up with this forum you’ll quickly come to understand that nothing ever falls off the list. The developers are extremely tight-lipped about time-frames unless they’ve absolutely decided that something IS going to make it into the next version. This is because priorities change and - particularly with ground-breaking features - things inevitably take longer than they expect to design, code and beta-test.

I guess you are trying to be helpful, so…thanks.

… software developement is more than a technical job. It needs a lot of creativity. I would hate to put pressure onto creative people.

For the avoidance of doubt: it has definitely not fallen off the list.

Thanks Daniel!