Text crashes

I’m working on a project that requires many annotated musical examples. Dorico allows me to input the various types of text I need. However, when more than one type of text is required, text crashes abound! These need to be manually realigned. And many times, Dorico overlaps (engangles) the various text entries.
[See the attached example.]
I’ve tried a number of things to avoid this. Using the lyric tool, for example, though most of my examples have lyrics.
It would be great if I could tell Dorico that the paragraph font I use for Roman numerals should appear below the staff. And I’m not sure why my chord tones (another paragraph font setting) go bonkers when I add a chord symbol, either manually, or through copying with the Alt key?
For anyone wondering, this particular example uses both Roman numerals and “pop” chord symbols because I’m writing to a broad audience.
Is the jumping-crashing text a fixable bug? I use very few Roman numerals, but lots of chord tones and chord symbols.
Thanks, guys!
David

When you add your Shift+X text, activate the Avoid collisions property, then switch off the checkbox, which will prevent it from causing other items to move. You can flip the text below the staff with F. You should be able to copy and paste these text items and they’ll retain their properties and relative positions.

Brilliant! Can’t wait to try it. I’ll let you know if there are any issues. Thank you so much for your help.