text enclosures?

Is there a way to add text enclosures to other text than rehearsal letters (such as an enclosure around “Intro”)?

I don’t think so, but it would be a good option to have. Perhaps as part of the paragraphs styles (“boxed text”) for shift-X text? Another possibility is text frames, discussed here: 3 film score orchestration questions - #10 by Thijs_Boehme - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

A workaround is to add rehearsal letters and set the index to 9 (“I”) and the suffix to “ntro”.

Wow. I guess that would work. I am dabbling into Dorico since I have it but there are still too many work arounds required and it takes me hours to do a lead sheet I can do in 10 minutes in Finale or Sibelius.

Clever!!!

I do exactly this with a text frame. Create a text frame, type your text, go to the properties window on the bottom and select show border.

I don’t have an option to show border in the properties window on the bottom.

by peterkienle » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:39 pm

“I don’t have an option to show border in the properties window on the bottom.”

Peter,
__Make sure you are drawing in a text frame while in Engrave Mode, then you will see the property (while still in Engrave Mode).
Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 2.21.43 PM.png

Ok. Now I see what you mean. It is not text attached to a measure or the staff but on the page?

Definitely a boxed text attached to a measure is needed. Better if circle is available too