Text expressions continuing through page breaks

Per the attached, the entire text expression is ‘augmentez’, which is concluded on the system following.

I am fairly certain I will use the publisher’s system breaks, which means this word will be broken over two systems. In Finale, I have to do ‘aug. . . . . . . . . . . . . .’ on the first system, and ‘. . . . men . . . . . . . . . tez . . .’ on the second system. Klunky, but it works.

Note the publisher uses a few dashes here and there (a la Finale lyrics for a single syllable in a melismatic passage), and I would love to have this look in Dorico. Of course, I can manually put in a few dashes here and there, but does Dorico have yet a native way whereby I can break up this text expression over more than one system without having to manually type in all the dots (or dashes)?

I am slowly getting this song done, everyone. I really appreciate the help I’ve gotten here. The Dorico community is great.
Text expressions continuing through page breaks 25 July 2017.png

bump - lots of new activity on this forum today driving this thread down quickly…

Do not worry about activity, no need to bump your thread, Daniel will read it anyway :wink:
This behavior you’re looking for exists for crescendo and diminuendo. I do not think it has been implemented for “augmentez” or any French expression — being French myself, I would be quite happy to see that come. When you write a crescendo, you select it and watch the properties panel. You can then enable the switch gradual style and select the type of marking that you want

Yes, it would be nice if you could set a property on a gradual dynamic or tempo that allows you to specify the text with hyphens to tell Dorico how the word should be split up. I’ll make a note of this as something for us to do in the future.

And please don’t bump threads. I really do find it obnoxious! I do read absolutely every post on the forum, and even if I don’t respond right away because I need to think about an answer, I will answer eventually.

Point well-taken, sir.

I think what I’m pining for at the moment is the ability to stretch any text I wish across systems as is done already with lyrics (which gives me a very interesting idea…).