The propagation of the text frame format L->R is NOT desirable (top left and top right page numbers, for example) and I don’t recall it happening before 2.2.20.
- Open the Master Page in Engrave mode and put in a text field.
- Enter text – it’s flush left by default
- Propagate L->R
- Go to R page and move text frame – text is still flush left, as expected
- Next edit text format to flush right (like for left- vs right-hand pages)
…wait for it…
- The text on the L page immediately changes to flush right (not good for page numbers!)
- And R to L does the same.
The work-around is to simply create a new frame on the right, which can lead to R-L differences because copying frames is difficult.
Related comment: The frame size/location indicators are different for different frames. For example, some say Left, Top, Right, Bottom, but Width and Height are blank. Others give you Top, Right, Width, Height. Could these be linked so any number can be changed? For large frames, the former may be useful, but for most usages, the latter is MUCH easier. In my example of trying to duplicate the page number frame, it’s not very efficient to calculate and enter 162.99 and 243.23 mm!
Finally, I saw in a video that one can select an entire frame (so it can be moved) using keyboard shortcuts, but I can’t recall how it was done nor can I find the video (the many, many videos deserve an index!).