Text Frame Settings Bug(?)

I’ve been setting up a custom template and I’m working on Titles and Master Pages and what not and I’ve discovered an odd(?) behavior.

If you create a text frame, enter some text and make some adjustments to that text via the properties panel, for example if you set the Vertical alignment to Top instead of Center, or if you add a border or padding etc. it’s all fine and good, it all works. However if you then reenter that frame to change some of that text when you exit again all of those property features reset back to default. You have to reset the vertical alignment, border etc. every time you enter and exit that frame.

Oddly, this ONLY happens with text frames that were CREATED in the Master Page Editor. If you create a frame in a part the properties stick when you enter and re-edit text. But if the text frame was created in the Master Page Editor, whether or not you re-enter that text from the Master Page Editor OR from the part/score itself, the properties go away.

Is there a reason for this, or is this a bug?

It’s a long-standing, well-known bug.

Gotcha. I did a preliminary search for it in the forum but couldn’t find anything. :wink:

Really? text alignment dorico bug site:www.steinberg.net - Google Search