Text Tool missing in Score Editor in Cubase 10.5 on Windows

Hello there,

when exploring the Score Editor, I wanted to make use of the Text Tool, but could not find it. Since the tool is mentioned in the manual, I’m wondering if this is a bug or if I am missing something. According to the manual, it should be in the toolbar.
I have attached a screenshot of the Score Editor.
My OS is Windows 10 and my Cubase version is 10.5.

Thank you (:

There’s no “Text Tool” per se. Working with Text

Then the pdf version of the user manual is delusive. On page 868 it says “You can use the Text tool to add comments, articulation, or instrumentation advice and other text strings anywhere in the score display. […] On the toolbar, select the Text tool.”

There is no page 868 in the Score Editor manual…

Sorry, I was referring to the Cubase 10.5 Operation Manual (https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro/v10.5/en/Cubase_Pro_10_5_Operation_Manual_en.pdf)

That section you refer to is not about the Score Editor, it’s about the Key Editor.

Please read my entire message. Use Google Translate if you need to. A link to the score editor manual is in my signature below.

According to the Table of Contents, the section about “Score Editor Operations” starts on page 863 and ends on page 870. I assumed that page 868 (which I was referring to) was contained therein.

But I just noticed that it is only valid for Cubase Artist, so my bad.