Thank you Steinberg for a wonderful professional product!

Thank you Steinberg for a wonderful professional product!

I’m so extremely happy and pleased with Cubase 7.5.30 stability and DAW work platform on my own build DAW-computer ,Windows 7 Ultimate x64. It just work and it sounds great too. Stability that are so important during working many hours has never been any issue for me with Cubase. ([issue]except for USB-abnormality I did uncounted).

I’m using Cubase almost everyday, at least 8-10 hours a day making professional music productions. I’m have a digital Studio facility and producing modern pop and digital music to various artists.

Everyday I use different external hardware’s (Hybrid Mixing) together with Cubase 7.5.30 and I can say it works like a charm without any latency problems. Latency issues and problems you can find in many other DAWs.
In all my projects I always use my external hardware effects inserted, some are “vintage” gear. I also run-thru and record production elements thru external hardware example compressors etc. Sometimes I use analog synths too.

During sessions I record vocals with artists and I can always count on Cubase to perform without any hiccups or stability issues or crashes during important recording sessions. That is very important for me and VST connect are another new great handy feature included in Cubase too. VST connect are especially handy for live previewing over longer distance with other co workers, Artists and clients.

I also use hardware mixing controls with Cubase and I can honestly say, everything just WORKS!!! :smiley:

Thank you Steinberg for making one of finest “First Class” professional DAW on the market right now! :smiley:
Keep up the good work! :wink:

Best Regards
Freddie

+2! For all our griping about details, Cubase is still the best DAW out there for the all-purposed producer.
(Freddie, you aren’t the VP of marketing for Steinberg , are you) :wink::wink:

Vice President? No…
but if they do ask me to be VP …why not! :laughing: :wink:

Best Regards
Freddie

+10000000000000000000000000000000000

IMHO for sure the most comprehensive/professional DAW on the market
{‘-’}

even though 7.5. 3 forced me to roll back, I still do love it. I really hope they fix some of my issues in 7. 5. 4. By the way Freddie, which USB problems were you having?

Cubase has been amazing for me… many thanks to everyone at Steinberg :slight_smile:

Hi All

I’m in agreement, Cubase works for me, and after my recent trials and tribulations re an overheating CPU (sorted) and now GPU(nearly sorted)I’ve realised that many of the larger problems that get moaned about here are nothing to do with Cubase at all. Usually the fault of hardware, driver, or rogue VST plugin issues.

Best Regards

Dave

Yes, C7.5.2 works very well, we just wait for 7.5.3. to be able to handle expression maps in a workable way,

By far the best DAW there is :slight_smile:

Hi there!

It only happen with a normal USB memory key inserted? No other USB devices.
I have many other USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 devices inserted in my computer like for example USB-hub, midi keyboards, UPS communication, Control surfaces, USB3 external hard-drive etc. Non of them cause Cubase make this abnormal behavior as you can see in the video.

By the way, I haven’t made the video, its actually from another Cubase user with same kind of issue. That might indicate on a real problem? What the problem is are still a mystery for everyone?

Without any regular USB-memory key inserted the issue go away directly and Cubase work flawless again.
Yes, I have tried with several different USB memory sticks and different brands too. I have even used a complete new one and always the same result in any of my USB ports in my system.

Also if it where a specific motherboard controller-chipset or drivers USB-controller problem, why do then Cubase work flawless with all my other USB devices inserted? It doesn’t make any sense at all? :unamused:

Happy reading! :wink:

Best Regards
Freddie

Yes, thanks Steinberg!! I’ve been using Cubase for all sorts of projects since way before it did audio and it’s always provided just what I needed to get a professional product out into the world. There’s very few problems compared to the opportunities that it provides :slight_smile:

Mike.

Cubase topped the Digital Music Doctor DAW Shootout for Overall Rating for the last few years, due to its coverage and depth of facilities.

Certainly that comprehensiveness was why we chose it, just so we would never likely to have to get another DAW if our usage direction changes.

Cubase topped the Digital Music Doctor DAW Shootout for Overall Rating for the last few years, due to its coverage and depth of facilities.
[/quote]

Yeah! I was working at home on Cakewalk Sonar and in the studio on Pro Tools / Cubase. I remember when I first sat down for a test-mix in the brand-new Nuendo. I was blown away—it felt and sounded more like working at a console. When steinberg announced they were gonna combine Nuendo engine and Cubase, I bought the resulting Cubase version and never looked back!

And the innovation… VST; VSTi; Auto Latency Compensation (Pro Tools users had to insert track delay plugins manually until just a version ago!); Arranger Track… its endless. Steinberg’s always there first.

+1

I know I’m preaching to the choir, but Cubase and Nuendo really are the best DAWs around.

Like Freddie I’m using Cubase along with external hardware, doing both analogue processing and parallel processing with ZERO phase issues. Lead vocals are processed in the analogue domain and I often use a custom tweaked Dolby processor for parallel compression adding “air” and smooth intensity to the vocals, again with ZERO phase issues.
I use UAD and Powercore plug-ins, always using the most DSP/CPU intensive plug-ins which means I somethings have to freeze tracks to free processing power. And in the next minute, unfreeze the tracks again to alter something or copy plug-in settings. Always without any problems what so ever.
I use two RME sound cards - HDSPe RayDAT and HDSPe MADI - which due to the RME drivers interconnects and make a massive ASIO driver with tons of I/O, again with ZERO problems. They feed an Antelope Orion32 and a Mytek 8x192 converter that are connected to two analogue summing mixers and a patch bay. The analogue mix is sent back into Cubase, then processed and limited in real-time, just to hear what might happen to the mix when mastered. Again with ZERO problems. Clients can listed to the “pre-mastered” mix in real-time via VST Connect Performer and make comments as I finalize the mixes. Saves me time not having to send lots of MP3s all the time. Perfect!

I use VST Connect to record artists via the Internet and it works fine, but most of the time I use it when connecting with a co-writing buddy. We compose music via the Internet in near real-time, and it works really well. The sound quality is so good that we kind of forget that we’re working via the Internet. Prior to VST Connect we were using Skype to interact and it sounded like crap and could only be used for the very basics of song writing. Now we’re working on the arrangements in real-time hearing exactly the same sound quality and it’s such a blast! :slight_smile:

The Chord Track helps me to build harmonies but it also can be used as a creative tool when writing melodies. I just record a couple of ideas, duplicate the track, then let the Chord Track alter my melodies, often it’s too obvious, but now and then it makes a really nice twist to the melody worth using. Mind bending cool if you ask me! :smiley:

The Remote Control Editor enables me to custom make setups for my Euphonix MCMIX control surface. Perfect for setting up EQ plug-ins the way I want them to show up on the eight knobs. And in big mixing projects I can save mixer setups showing just the drums or guitars or keyboards or such. Very handy.

The list goes on…but what I love the most about Cubase is that it just works! Yes, there’s lots of fancy functionality but in the end it just works! :smiley:

Keep up the good work
Fred

Without wishing to be too gushing I have generally had a very good experience with 7.0x and 7.5x, I think I ran against the flow by having a lot of problems with Cubase 6. Projects crashed unexpectedly and it was very frustrating. However I have had not of that with 7 and 7.5 and as a result I have been free to get on with the more enjoyable creative aspects of being a recording musician.

I have not changed the hardware and have no idea what went right. However, I don’t care and am just enjoying the freedom from stress.So thanks for that Steinberg.

The key word is “now” until Microsoft change their underlying “subsystems” and SB will need to re-write specified software stacks, which no doubt they will because like Star Wars, Cubase and Nuendo will live on.

That’s why I’m prepared to stay with Windows 7 (add big reverb) FOREVER! :slight_smile:

Cheers
Fred

Que?

With 8.x, MS HAS been thoroughly re-writing underlying subsystems to minimise the numbers and length of incidental power-draining system calls, which can also minimise latency hammering. Between the original W8 developer and beta builds, MS made over 100,000 changes, and who knows how many from W7 to the W8 dev before that, and from 8 to 8.1 after.

Yet through all that, Cubase still works and thrives.

So, other than those vague fears about SBs inability to cope (which they have obviously disproved), why are you staying on W7?

Hi Fredo,

Windows 7 is great, particularly for an office computer and for todays’ processors does a relatively fine job of staying stable.

The history on this is telling, first NTFS, then an improved USER kernel along with a new audio Subsystem to boot.

Now we have EFI, and to get that kind of reliability and security you need to be using Windows 8.

We’re going off topic guys!

Ehh, Windows 7 is solid as a rock and utilise my Intel i7 CPU very well checking the Task Manager. And all my hardware runs like a clock.
Maybe Windows 8 can squeeze even more out of my setup, but personally it’s not worth upgrading right now. Too much potential hassle. And what’s to gain? The app startup window and touch screen functionally is not appealing to me. :slight_smile:

A Windows upgrade would have to offer me enhanced work flow and keep my setup as rock solid as W7 does. Otherwise it’s not worth it to me.

While looking a lot better, it was due for a change, I have no problems with the old MBR. The key is not to touch it. :wink:
As for security, my project and sample partitions are on a RAID, my system SSD is monthly backed up on a local Synology server formatted to EXT4 and ongoing projects are automatically backuped to it and sent to another Synology server located in another town.

I’ve cooked hard drives in silencing cabinets, drives from bad production batches have died on me (thanks Seagate) and I’ve fried a transport LaCie disk by inserting a faulty power supply. Never lost any vital data thanks to proper RAID setups and incremental backups. * knock on wood *

Data integrity is WAY to under looked in production houses and studios. You learn the hard way…

Cheers
Fred