That's it. I give up (for the time being)

I’ve noticed that opening an older project (even a 7.0.0 project in 7.0.3) in C7 seems to be buggy. For me, working on a project newly created in C7 is more fluid.

No, surely it is a Cubase thing. and that’s OK, because it had been expected (IIRC…[A-L-L] x.0x versions were a big debacle).

Meantime, as shocking as it is to me, the switching latency thing (resulting in a total MUTE) is RME FAULT ! :open_mouth:

Apparently, they had REMOVED the latest driver I was using (3.34 from March 2013) and rolled back to 3.32 (from January 2013).
So, I had to roll back my system and revert to 3.32. now everything seems to be OK on that end (BTW, this is the first time EVER I witness such a behavior from RME…).

The graphic glitches are a fact, and I believe they will be eradicated sooner or later (preferably sooner).

I totally feel for those having many issues. I use C7.02 2-4hr per day and I have only had a couple crashes…not any of the mixer issues. I save my work regularly so the crashes don’t affect me so much. I’m on a year old iMac running Snow Leopard. I hope things got sorted soon for those affected!

I too have given up and returned to 6.5.4

For all the same reasons as everyone else, GUI regressions, the completely and totally bonkers Mix Console GUI that simply has a mind of it’s own. I can never be sure when MixConsole is going to let me see the names of the tracks!

If it hadn’t cost me £150 then I could see some humour in it.

I’m sure if I asked SB for my money back I’d get it as here in the UK we have very strong policies surrounding products being fit for purpose, which clearly C7 is NOT!

I love the new functionality, chord track is great, as is quick link etc etc … but overall Cubase 7 is such a mess.
SB’s to fix list has been enormous and it continues to grow, for the first time I really felt like I payed to be on a beta team.

I hate to say it, but if Pro Tools 11 had VST support I would be considering making a change.

Disappointed user here.

Is there an official response from Steinberg for all these issues? Are you guys working on it?

I am NOT disappointed.

I KNOW for a fact that those issues will be addressed at some point. like I’ve said, historically… vX.0x were NEVER (and I mean NEVER EVER) stable/fully functioning.

For me there is one thing to favour C7 over C6 - and it’s a closed deal AFAIC : Cubase 7 sounds better then Cubase 6.
I don’t know what did they do there (or how) but since I am not using currently any C7 specific functionality, I can jump back and forth, transparently, from C6 to C7 and vice versa with any given project. and as far as my ears tell me, the same project does NOT sound the same on C7<>C6 (although they seem to exhibit they same analyzed numbers). I tested it time and again (fearing that I am undergoing a placebo. I am not).

But for the time being, C6 flows much faster. hope that it is a temporary state. so for me (and I guess anyone with a LITTLE experience) it’s for the time being : produce on C6 ----> mix/finalize on C7.

What response do you expect ? they are not spending their time at some resort on the Caribbeans, you know :slight_smile:

They’re on it, I can tell you without them saying it.

:laughing:

Have to agree, the word “seven” just seems to roll off the tongue better than “six”.

This sounds like your system is broken - not Cubase.

True. C7 does not crash. Third party plug ins can make any DAW crash. C7 is just as stable as C6.

For me the new features, mainly the mixer, is a great improvement. There are always things to fix of cause :slight_smile:

very witty , yep my system is completely broken as c6 and c7.2 worked fine ,so yep it must be my system completely broken , DUH !

Has any of you got memory leaks?
I got one yesterday by only loading kontakt with abbey drums and adding H-delay. Program came really sluggish and when I checked task manager cubase was already hogging 13-14 Gb and rising…
Restarting C7.03 and it was gone. Haven´t happen ever before and I haven´t yet tried to reproduce it.
Projects two days ago no probs, also loading kontakt with abbey and H-delay.

What they are on, like any business, is maximizing their profits.

In this DAW climate IMO the way you do that is with cool GUI and cool features. Steinberg has to seduce new customers over the competition. Existing users, especially the long time users who value core functionality and workflow are secondary users…especially ones who are willing to buy C7 so soon.

If this were not the case, Steinberg would prioritize bugs and features that don’t work which relate to work-flow and core functions. Instead, they add new VSTI’s, try to improve Loopmash, improve effects, add chord tracks, plus a mix console that will impress any newbie but add a ton of new problems. Theres nothing wrong with these things, but focus on core functions and work flow first!

Universal Audio, Waves, Native Instruments, and hundreds of other 3rd party developers can’t fix the Cubase Vari-audio problem, Cubase key commands, Cubase gui problems, and numerous Cubase bugs relating to Cubase core functions. Yet Steinberg continue to release tools making lame attempts to compete with these 3rd party developers, while ignoring functions in Cubase that have been broken for years!

I doubt this environment will change any time soon. Hopefully within a year C7 will have 80% of the problems fixed. The other 20% will be permanently ignored since they need to push out C8 with new features that create more problems that frustrate their existing loyal users who value the core functions and fast workflow.

Right to the point !
If I’d have the energy, I could list all the never fixed core functions, since Cubase VST32 5.
A few :
Part Editor, Iterative Quantize, Solo are still half broken and
have never regained their full power ( which vanished, after some ‘great’ reinvention of the wheel )
:neutral_face:
And yes, the list gets longer with each major release.

One solution would be to focus all resources on one application.
But obviously the current m.o. works well (enough) for Steinberg ?!

Jan

spot on! :imp:

True. C7 does not crash. Third party plug ins can make any DAW crash. C7 is just as stable as C6.

For me the new features, mainly the mixer, is a great improvement. There are always things to fix of cause :slight_smile:[/quote]

not from this side man, i’ve reinstalled all from system and C7 is still crash, at this point i think depends on audioboard asio and external ffx connected to cubase. Every things works fine, all crash in C7. In mac pro and macbook pro same. I should use internal audio board or another audio card? or left my Maselec stuff outside cubase? I’ve tryed to isolate the problem but impossible for now. I should make a video maybe and put on youtube. :laughing:

this is gold! So they dont null test? :mrgreen:

I have just heard from SB been waiting nearly two weeks the guy said sorry for the wait but they have been swamped with emails(I wonder why). I too am having sporadic stopped working to BSOD it’s doing my head in SB have said that my system file and dump files are clean and that I have a clean opp system but they just don’t know what is causing my issues we are going back and forth at the mo and trying things as soon as I find the main issue I will post it.