The 8.0.20 Release

Yes! menu bar can be minimized!

It’s not a bug. Lock the Playback cursor to mouse when zooming from timeline - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Don’t tell me that please … it’s the most annoying thing and I completly stoped using the ruler zoom because of that.
When steinberg intergrated the new comp tool, a couple of people complained and they brought back the old method along side with the comp tool in a breeze … now I couldn’t find one person that likes this new behavior (maybe exept you Steve :stuck_out_tongue:)

Well, I’m not the only one. Anyway, it’s just semantics. I linked to the FR thread going on it-, go plus one it, just like other removed features that got put back in one way or another. :stuck_out_tongue: back at you! :smiley:

Nice update - the u-he Presswerk HQ mode r-i-p bug (i.e., crashes on render) is fixed, praise the lord.

“When removing selected tracks Cubase asks for confirmation in case there is still event data on the tracks (or in TrackVersions).”

It’s about time.

Good to see that Elements is also being updated, and not left behind at a “.0” release, as in earlier times!

Crash on exit is still a major problem for me. :frowning:

I’m not too keen on the new font size for the mixer fader values. The digits are now crammed together at most zoom levels I use.

Other than that, i’m happy with the changes.

Heard now from multiple users that the VE Pro issue is in fact not fixed (some are even saying its worse). Please address this ASAP, Steinberg.

Bug or not, please bring back the old drag Zoom from timeline function.

Aloha guys,

All seems to be well here.

tanx Steiny.
{‘-’}

There’s still a non-snappy and laggy feel here when dragging and resizing parts in the Windows version, just like in the previous version. :cry:

This is not the case at all in Cubase 6.5 and 7.5 on the same computer. Glad that the “Zoom while locating in time scale” bug has been fixed though.

thanks SB, nice improvements.

8.0.20 breaks Softube Console 1
The main out now gets transmitted as Channel 1…

Tested this in one session and it was fixed if I run with a 1024 sample buffer but not if it’s lower than that. Coincidence or not, that’s also the first buffer size where that session plays back without ASIO Guard. Will have to investigate this more.