The Acustica Thread

it´s very close to my spec, your cpu is even newer, maybe the bigger difference is that mine is a LGA2011 socket and the extra ssd´s and vector folder in symlink mode.

Heavy and happy Acustica plugins user here.
There are some downsides indeed but I learnt how to deal with them.
The blast noises happen really sometimes when you load the plugin while the audio is playing.
Cause of Acustica plugins I left my mac OS X and came back to Windows, building a new machine based on Amd Ryzen 3950x. I’m very satisfied with my choice because now I can run almost 20 times more plugins without mu cpu runs out.
I don’t have any problem with the naming of the plugins, but what I’m doing for a cleaner view is to deactivate the ZL versions through the plugin manager.
It’s true that sometimes I have encouraged rendering problems but that was when I was using the batch processor. Tomorrow I’m going to try the clip fx to see how they react there, but never had a rendering problem through the master section.

about the crash i´m having here with 96k projects on rendering with any Acqua plugin from Acustica Audio

“We are not compatible with Wavelab 11 yet. Please run your test on compatible hosts as Wavelab 10 with VST3.
We will test Wavelab 11 when Steinberg provides us with the NFR licenses, and normally we need 90 days after the new version release to make our products compatible.
So Wavelab 11 compatibility date should be around December 2021.”

Thanks for the update. I’ll try again next year. These plugins are not worth going back to WaveLab 10 just to use them.

I have rather the opposite response:

I use these plugins extensively and love their sound. I will hold off on upgrading Wavelab to version 11 until I know it can handle Acoustica plugs.

1 Like

The fix must come from Acustica though so the correct wording is more like:

Until Acustica plugins support WaveLab 11.

Acustica plugins deserve more attention because they sound incredible.
The solution to the issues depends on the collaboration of both sides.

Steinberg issue the VST format but if Acustica choose not to follow the guidelines and the plugins cause an issue then thats down to Acustica to sort out , every other Plugin company has to do it ,AA shouldn’t be an exception

It was proven in the case of Cubase that it was AA that had to resolve the issue with the Locking up on exit issue , after years of denying that their plugins had an issue they finally up dated the engines so what does that tell you ?

strangely i never had this problem in Cubase, i think it was happening for some configurations only… i mean (Locking up on exit issue)

IDK what happened, but Acustica Audio are not crashing on rendering anymore on 96k projects after the new update. The mile seconds gap talked here still there.

Looks like some big mastering guys are using it regularly… see that this is a Dolby video production, nothing to do with acustica audio… all 3 plugins there are acustica, just saying.

"Step inside Atlanta’s state-of-the-art mastering studio, SING Mastering, to learn about how Colin Leonard’s engineering background and Dolby Atmos have created the perfect environment to delicately balance the creativity of music with the art and science of mastering. "

I have no critique of the actual sound of these plugins, but the two times I’ve tried to use them in WaveLab (performance wise, not sonically) have gone so poorly I stopped and decided they were not worth the trouble. I am willing to give them one last try when they have been proven to be tested and working well in WaveLab at 96k.

The image is too blurry for me to tell. Is he using WaveLab in that video?

This guy is using wavelab, at least in the movie shows wavelab there!

1 Like

Great. If I have time after the holidays I’ll see if they have fixed the rendering glitches and gotten the latency under control so that I hear the changes approximately at the same time as I make them when dialing things in.

Name dropping means nothing , every body has there own personal needs

for me some references and some names are very important and meaningful, thanks for sharing your thoughts anyway.

Ok well in that respect i like an English sound and to know most plugins are model around Mike Dean and Studio DMI puts me off . So name dropping again is only relevant to the continent you are on .
Have a great day

mostly? like 6 out of 53 plugins are mostly? Sorry i didn´t understand.
And those 6 Studio DMI cobranding:
1 is created with Greg Well, another with Pensado…

Again , those engineers are only relevant to the styles you mix and master in so i don’t see your point . But anyway , the fact i can just about run one instance on Silver pushing my Cpu from 25% up to 90% is another "real life " draw back .
Im constantly watching to see any improvements but as of yet … i’ll grab a long cup of coffee