The best features aren't always sexy.

+1

This features are not sexy for advertising and propagation :slight_smile:

Fo example: “We are happy to announce that now Cubase 9 users can easily switch track from mono to stereo… ehm… again…” is not sexy at all :smiley:

I love Cubase.

+100000
I agree with the OP…especially on points 2. and 4.

+1

I think there is a problem in that they have to make sexy new toys to sell the upgrades. That is why they never simply improve what is there. There is no reason why they can’t do both though other than maybe it would take longer for the upgrade?

I for one do not want a mixer undo unless I can disable this in the preferences.

still not good , with cubase 8,5

• no multitrack warp
  • arranger view is still to bad compared to protools
  • No undo mixer

and always the same ; a lot of other good and simple things are missing

I will wait until cubase 9 and if it’s still not good , going back to protools or one other DAW .

+1 to all of these

1. reorder Mixconsole tracks (totally agree and yes this has been asked for many times. Please Steiny listen this time.)

2. No Mixconsole Undo. (I’ve talked to the Steinberg team and I’m not sure this is possible with the current system. Each fader/ knob moment position would be saved as an undo so you would have about 1000 steps of undo for one fader movment. This would drastically reduce workflow for normal undo functions. The next problem is that your session would probably crash with all the undo data being stored at once and secondly the session size would be too large. No one wants 1gig session files filled with undo data. Sadly this one will probably never be implemented.)

3. Nasty Mixconsole GUI. (Check out Cubase 8.5. Lots of tweaks to the gui that make it much more useable.

4. Mouse scrolling in Mixconsole changes parameters. There is a preference check box for this already in cubase that you can toggle on and off. Search for the key command ‘Use mouse wheel for volume and fades’ I use the letter ‘v’ on the keyboard to toggle on and off the scroll functions.

5. No multi-track audio warp in the Arrange window.
    (Agreed. Logic, PT and Abelton have cubase beat on this one unfortunately.)

6. Stereo to mono tracks and vice versa.
    (There is a function in Neuendo that does this function but I’m not sure it’s a function of Cubase. They have to give you some extra functions in Neuendo or they couldn’t charge more money. :wink:

+1 no doubt, we need it

for undo in the mixer , I agree with what you say , but they can find solution .

Undo classic , cmd + z . don’t change this
mixer undo , cmd + a , only for fader movement , record only the position held more than 2 sec , ( for eliminate all the litle point data like we have in automation ) and they even can do something like 30 mixer undo max .

Generaly it’s just 1 miss click on the fader we need to cancel .

I don’t know but for me it’s look like very easy if they the take time to do this

A big +1 for:

1. No multi-track audio warp in the Arrange window.
    In addition to the sample editor, add the ability to make edits directly to the audio regions. This makes time correction edits across tracks so much easier.

I never understood why this isn’t available. Even if you could select your guide track and just the tracks you wanted to edit, and load them into a multi track editor window it would be a big improvement. Obviously, warping the audio in place would be best. Combining this with a Vocalign like feature would be awesome for me.

Hello guys,
totally agree. Just recently I suggested something similar, which is titled as “Stepping back to further improve…?”

By the way, for those who like the ideas in the posts above make sure to fill out the user survey under the General section of the forum.