the Crash Fix for later windows versions... (cubase)

HEllo all,

i share a fix to fix this issue mentionned here :

(they say to disable the hub… but here the edit a solution)

i found the answer here : Redirecting

**a. Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.

b. Right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.

(If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.)

c. In the command prompt, type the following commands and then press Enter.

regsvr32 ole32.dll
regsvr32 actxprxy.dll

Check if the issue is fixed.**

u can also disinstall the concerned update that caused this recent error but i recommend u do the CMD trick (run in admin)

worked for me…

:wink:

Is this a fix just for 32bit versions or will it also work for 64bit?

hi, , i think both… as the hub is on 32 bit and 64 bit versions.

through the best is microsoft/steinberg patch it.

(it’s a temp fix)

if that does not work it left 2 solutions :

-disable the HUB

-if u want to keep the hub, just remove Windows update KB2977629 (9th of September 2014) in config panel / program-functionality see update and uninstall…

I removed the patch, it is not only Cubase that is affected even MS own Skype crashes. I’m a little apprehensive keeping a patch that potentially could come back to bite me in my creative bud. I disabled the hub, and now I don’t think I will ever turn it on again. So something good came out of this after all :slight_smile:

this’ only a “windows way” (i use windows … and used windows for polyvalence)… MAC are have not those problems, so far.

(i corrected my first post so the guy on topik mentionned founds it worked this way for him…)

i also disabled auto updates (i have windows 8.1 + update 1 64 bit)… removed that sh***y update for Internet explorer AS I USE FIREFOX !

if it can be smart for u and helps, i dont use skype (atm…) but i KEEP USING THE HUB.

(i wear glasses to open my projects its cool !) :smiley:

EDIT: after all, if u have this anoying window pictures annoying annoying u for other reasons, u must disable your plugins (& enable them 1 by 1…) because its 100 % sure there one of theùm that is crashing your cubase…