The Dreaded: "Serious Error"

I’ve been with Cubase for 20 years & I’ve never fully taken the time to analyze why this message follows from update to update. I’m on Windows 10 Home, and I realize there can be so many reasons as to why this happens, but honestly, when you have a system up & running and everything seems okay—there’s no way to pinpoint what’s going on behind the scenes. It’s like finding a needle in a haystack.

Here’s one way it easily happens every time.

Browsing “Loops & Samples” from the the Cubase Sample Browser on the Right for example:

I can preview an audio or midi pattern, but I can only drag at best 2-4 (if I’m lucky) new tracks from the panel without it poppin’ off that error message. Even if it’s just my setup, and by the way I’m on the latest version even though it’s worse on 9.5 (tried that too), Cubase really needs to make the browsing experience within the DAW itself usable. It’s awful, from the search features to saving patches. Really, really poor.

So is sending the crash file to Steinberg my only option here?

Hi,

First of all I would recommend to update to Cubase 10.0.30. If it’s still happen, attach the file mentioned in the message, please.