"The Exception was thrown by the plugin"

Suddenly, after 8 years of using my Waves Gold Bundle plugins through Cubase SX, Nuendo and now Cubase 6.7, I keep getting this notification when I use Waves plugins. The message occurs when I use the parameters of the plugin and then close the plugin. My ASIO performance isn’t particularly high. I don’t get it.

Has anybody experienced this before? I save the project under a new name, but it keeps happening. I have no idea what’s going on.

Any changes in your system? Updates, changing of settings? Do you have 32-bit or 64-bit version of Waves plug-in?

Offtopic: Cubase 6.7 ?!?!

I guess, this is 6.0.7.

I have the 64 bit version of Waves.

For anybody who may have this problem, here’s what Steinberf Support suggested I do:

"That said, I would suggest trashing your application data to give Cubase a fresh start.

First, please shut down Cubase. Then go to the Start menu, All Programs, Cubase 6, Cubase 6 Application Data Folder. In the top address bar, you should see “App Data (roaming) Steinberg” Click on Steinberg at the top. This will put you in the Steinberg app data folder. Trash any Cubase or Nuendo folder that you see here. This will trash your key commands, preferences, sound card settings, etc. It also should clear up the problem you are having. Restart Cubase. You will need to reset your audio outputs (Devices, Device Setup, VST Audio System). "

An yes, it version 6.07. Sorry for the goof.

Agree, treshing of preferences was my estimate too.

It worked.

I have no idea what triggered the problem, and it was time consuming having to reload my 32 bit plugins (UAD) and reset my external FX- but its back to normal.

Quick response from Steinberg tech support.