The final 5 percent - let this be a lesson for Steinberg.

irrelevant? I’m well aware of the details of the story

irrelevant? I’m well aware of the details of the story

:slight_smile: You started it :wink:

Okay well, whether they trained the pilots properly or not - it was unforeseen mechanical failures that caused the crashes, and they didn’t have a proper pilot training because they didn’t expect to have mechanical failures, and because, they were ‘selling’ the training as a purchasable add-on airlines could pay for, which most didn’t because most could barely afford the airplanes themselves.

I could train everyone here in avoiding DAW and license server problems… quite easily… :laughing:

Lol. We all have been surviving ok with previous versions, yet every time a new version comes out almost everyone gripes.

Grow up kids. This is not about the delay to activate software. Although - let’s face it - if you had people traveling to your studio to record after this - you might have all been very disappointed. You can waffle on about “minor delays” or “inconvenience” You have completely missed the point. This is about Steinberg not having the system in place to have reasoned analysis of their upgrade process - or errors in the software, some of which are really overdue for a fix. Have you any idea how much more quickly Logic loads projects, than Cubase? If your license is hardware based, why do you now need two applications to provide an activation code? I was not surprised by the activation delays. The current captive audience is massive. I am a long time Cubase user (probably since before most of you were born) Since Yamaha purchased Steinberg, the whole bug fix/rollout/communication flow is cactus. The only reason for this is budget. So every year (since 1985) I spend the money and stay legit. Well this year, COVID or not, has been rubbish. Yes, 11 is good- mainly for the export function - thank God - it only took 5 or 10 years for that to improve - I seriously thought of charging them for every minute I’ve spent exporting to ProTools - but they just seem to have lost the plot with the basics. The load times. The popping audio. The eLicensor - a curse! They need to have a new team which concentrates on the user experience. Have you used ProTools? It’s like driving a Prius. It’s so boring and takes so long to do anything - but it works. Cubase is the creative DAW. But they will never be the production DAW unless these embarrasing and time consuming work flow errors are eliminated. Now you can troll me all you want. But I want success for Steinberg; not failures. It’s my DAW of choice. It needs to improve and I don’t mean with a better EQ.

“I want everything in Cubase better by tomorrow

And I want it to work with all the latest gadgets and consumer tech and OS’s perfectly by next Friday despite all those things having their own bugs and standardization missteps and cross-non-compatibility between brands of which barely any other software is properly written for. But Cubase should be, despite in part being a legacy software that existed when screens were 480p. And I also want it to work with all my legacy gear and controllers that aren’t even made or supported anymore… and I want all my old plugins to work despite that being 3rd party dev side responsibility”

I have - ZERO - problems. Nadda. Not one. Know why? I’m running Cubase 10.0.6 on Windows 7.

-I don’t have a 4k screen because I’m not doing 4k video editing.
-All my plugins look great, don’t have size issues.
-I don’t have the latest mac dealing with apple forcing me to use the latest OS that needs the latest hardware that nothing is written for.
-I don’t have the latest Cubase 11 installed, but I did purchase 10.5 update within grace period so I can install it - when - the - time - right.
-I didn’t try to authorize my download or license right away, and I didn’t have to deal with my C10 license being momentarily scrambled from an update I’m not going to use right away without a large chunk of off time to test and account for potential problems.

I’m a - very - happy person.

And I’m very much looking forward to and excited about making use of the new features in 10.5 and 11 - - when - I - have - time - to - engineer - a - problem-proof - system that will work with Cubase 11 regardless of developer-error or compatibility issues.

This + 1,000,009.

If I had been the one travelling to a studio where the proprietor decided to update the key software before beginning my recording session with no contingency plan in place, then yes, I would indeed be very disappointed – but not with Steinberg. I thought you were trying to give the impression in your first post that you knew something about project management, but clearly not.

Kudos to you and your sensible patience but boy you are missing out on a whole heap of fun. Cubase 11 pro on the Mac is running great :wink:

Important detail… 2 airplanes, not 3 - 5… And plenty of fault for Lion Air and Ethiopian Air as well…

well they had a bunch of other crashes to, not the 737max maybe

irrelevant details either way

It is a bummer for the people that couldn’t get it at the exact second it was released due to server issues , definitely seems like lockdown Corona life has made everyone a bit more geeked out on digital toys than normal hence the flood. Most consumers won’t even know about and will buy a bit later. Apple, biggest company in the world,
has been having a huge mess with Big Sur so these things happen.

I do agree that it feels like it runs a lot smoother on Mac and has none of the Dpi issues etc, visual looks smoother when nudging and moving regions - opening plug ins etc

Well, as SledDriver said earlier, you made the statement to begin with. Don’t you think it should be accurate? Surely, you wouldn’t like it if someone said something untrue or inaccurate about you as an example of how we all make mistakes and then said the truth or accuracy of the statement was just “irrelevant details”.

Boeing didn’t crash the planes, the pilots did. The planes were flyable with the malfunction. Yes, it was a weak system design but the crashes did not have to happen. Plenty of blame to go around. Maintenance, over-reliance on automated systems, inexperience, training, etc.

Steinberg were inundated with upgrade requests? Great news, means a solid customer base and a product that is still growing in popularity, all good news for the future.

Nobody cares.

Nobody cares.

Nobody cares.

You had Cubase in 1985?

Impossible.

You seem to be lost in the point I was making of which none of these exact details matter… The point being, if 5h!t happens at the highest level, don’t act like it should be impossible to happen with a DAW maker as if they are the biggest idiots in the world and no one else has these problems. Boeing crashed the planes, the CEO crashed the planes, the pilots crashed the planes, the maker of the part crashed the planes. Every accident that has ever happened from horse carriages to space rockets, didn’t have to happen. The point was, planes crash - and yet everyone here is acting like it’s end of the world and they’re owed something because a server bottlenecked or they have GUI problems…

Got it… Things happen and we all make mistakes like when YOU crashed 5 airplanes and ran a school bus full of children off a cliff while posting. Or maybe you didn’t. The details aren’t important…

Don’t get me started on school bus accidents…

Actually, it was Cupro-24…

+1 :sunglasses:

Pro-24 was 1986, Pro-16 1984. No Cubase until 1989, so let’s give him the benefit of doubt and say that grandad was rocking Pro-16 back in the day.