the future of steinberg controllers

Hopefully Steinberg will introduce a Pro-Quality Controller in the near future ! With solid, and good feeling 8 faders, 8 knobs, a smart knob for scrolling, and colorful LEDs, and much more, easy plug-and-automate, and good for working with VSTs both Steinberg’s and 3rd-party. and other cool features. I don’t mind paying a reasonable amount for it if it existed, it will be a big workflow booster in the studio, and hopefully looks cool too.

I passed on the CMC controllers. (was a big downer for me, looks too toyish/plastic to my taste, and needs).

Let’s hope Steinberg is reading these posts.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

I say it again:

They should keep this product line but should also
come up with a controller like you described.

The CMCs aren’t toyish to me. They look and feel pretty good
and are defenitely not a waste of money.

They actually do a pretty good job here so if you passed them on
and are waiting for something else, it’s ok. But don’t judge over
this product as you don’t even use it.

I’m working in a studio with a Pro Tools System and a D-Controll
sometimes and I am not the only person there who catches himself
NOT even using it but using the mouse and keyboard instead all the time.
So that’s a waste of money for me, when you discover that you spent
thowsands of dollars for a huge controller but are faster with a mouse.

I also still use the mouse in my studio but I’m using the CMCs a lot and
they do speed up my workflow. That’s the most important thing using a controller.
Not a fancy blingbling look that let’s people think they entered a spaceshuttle when
they visit you at your studio.

I would agree with a need for a single controller that does it all. I actual still use my old Houston, mainly for automation/faders. Still works great and is still supported in C7. Would love to see an upgrade on that hardware concept.

I agree !
Something between CC121 , CMC and NUAGE - between 1000 and 3000 euro range !

I think the modular approach is a pretty good and flexible concept. You only need to buy what you need.

I was using a contour shuttlexpress and a behringer BCF2000, but since I upgraded my PC and went Windows 7 64bit, I can’t get either to work anymore, even with the latest drivers - it seems,at least for the BCF that they never updated BCView and I assume it doesn’t work under 64bit.

So, it looks like I’ll be considering the CMC controllers soon (once the drivers have been updated for C7-64.