The Grand 3 Black Listed

I upgraded to Cubase 9, and I lost The Grand 3 VST! Cubase is telling me that the Grand 3 VST is 32-bit, and therefore, is not supported. What do I need to do in order to get it back?

Download the 3.1.0 update from here (scroll down), install the 64 bit version:

https://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=downloads_the_grand_3&L=1

There is no option to choose between the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions of The Grand 3. I downloaded all four parts, then installed, and then I started Cubase 9. The Grand 3 still appears as Blacklisted.

I think I might have found a bug in Cubase 9.

Im having the same issue on my end but don’t make the same mistake I made by reactivating it anyway… LOL. I thought since its a plugin from Steinberg it can’t do no harm and it must be getting blacklisted by accident. NOPE! The second I did that Cubase started crashing over and over to the point where soon as the Cubase 9 load screen was done it crashed every time. The only way to stop it was to go to the plugin folder and delete the .vst3 file. I really hope they fix this soon because I have tons of projects using The Grand 3.

This may be a problem with your set up since I also use The Grand 3 and it’s working perfectly OK with CP9.0.1.

Maybe uninstall it completely before reinstalling latest version (64-bit) from link provided above.

Hi

No problems here… :wink:

Cheers

I still have Cubase 8.5 installed (on macOS 10.12.1), and the Grand 3 works perfectly in it. I also have Cubase 9 installed, and the Grand 3 is black listed in it. Until Steinberg gets this sorted out, I guess I’ll have to continue using Cubase 8.5 if I want to use the Grand 3.

Dear Steinberg,

Would you please tell me how to uninstall the Grand 3, so I can try reinstalling it?

Well, I uninstalled The Grand 3, and then I reinstalled it, but it made no difference. The Grand 3 appears in Cubase 8.5, but not in Cubase 9.0.

Steinberg - can you please help me figure this out?