The incredible shrinking Cubase transport panel

I have an issue that has existed for several versions of Cubase now where when I open a session, the transport panel is shrunk down and missing all of the controls. I have to close it and reopen it to get it to appear correctly. It happens intermittently, but I’d say it happens about half the time. I’ve had this issue since at least Cubase 9. Maybe even earlier. Currently on Cubase Pro 11.

Anyone else experience this? Any ideas why?

See attached pic:
CUBASE TRANSPORT|527x295

I’ve seen this happen on several versions of both Cubase Pro and Nuendo. I coildn’t figure out why until recently it occurred to me that I might have clicked on the desktop background before opening the project, thereby changing focus. I haven’t verified this, it’s just a hunch.

Thanks for the reply. I don’t think clicking on the desktop makes a difference. I’m definitely not doing that and it’s still happening consistently.

The issue has also carried over from a different computer and different monitor layout, so it’s none of those things either. Other than there just being a general bug in the software, the only thing I can think of is the session template I’m using. I’ve carried the template over for several Cubase versions now. I suppose I should create a new one and see if that stops it. :thinking: