'The installation failed' - Cubase LE, MacOS El Capitan

Hello,

Downloaded Cubase LE as per instructions (bundled product with Zoom TAC-2R Thunderbolt device); tried installing the app on my Macbook Pro several times. Installation always aborts at the very end and it shows the following error:

The installation failed.
The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

I tried a few ideas suggested by people in online forums - nothing seems to solve this. I was seriously considering upgrading to the full edition (elements edition). But, I am really unsure if it even installs on my Mac. I have a 2016 Macbook Pro with good specs.

Any suggestions?..

Thanks,
-Balu Masti

Hello,

What specific version of Cubase LE are you referring to? Have you tried closing all programs prior to the installation?

I would try re-starting your computer and then running the installation again without opening any additional applications.

Thanks.

In addition to what Alexandra said:

If it is an older version of Cubase LE such as version 6 or version 7, may also try using the special installer application on the following page:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/content_und_zubehoer/content_and_accessories_sait.html