"The Light" Instrumental Only For Now...

record a Vox bump it a semi then sing along with it…good way to practice…Kevin

Ok I have a short demo. This is really all I have recorded, but just want to get some opinion on how it’s looking before I do much more.

This very short demo was all I kept after hours of recording, jeez this is frustrating:

https://soundcloud.com/btrailblazer/vocal-demo2/s-JIF5d

Not much to go on I know, but maybe still enough for suggestions?

that was a breif pit stop. that aint sounding bad but still a little lazy and the voice eq is clashing with the piano eq ,open a copy of voxengo span in the master bus , solo your voice ,hold ctrl and then left click on span and sweep the frequency’s till you find where your voice is best then make a corresponding frequency cut in the piano roughly at the same frequency`s to free up your voice ,automate the eq so you can turn it off when there are no vocals .

Thanks Firestamper. Fortunately someone else is doing the mix so they’ll have to worry about the EQing.

I just uploaded a little longer demo in place of the other link. Did I use a noticeable amount of Melodyne?

I feel like I’m fighting an uphill battle on the wrong end. Maybe I need a mic switch or more water or something, idk.

Agree with what firestamper said plus…you are definately singing too low, you’ve gotta get out of you comfort zone, raise the bar a bit and work at…it’s the only way, put more accent into the words here and there at the mo it’s a bit monotone…like the guy in the vid said…sing on the vowels and chew !!!
with the best will in the world your not gonna be able to sing this in a coupla weeks, took me absoloutley yonks and still have work hard at each song till I can sing it proper…keep at, you’ll get there…Kevin

Ok guys thanks for the advice. Here’s what I’m gonna do.

Right now my setup isn’t working too well, and I need more time to get to know Melodyne and improve my singing. I also just found out a friend of mine is a vocalist and I’m gonna see how he does compared to me. So right now I’m gonna keep on practicing and upload an instrumental version to my Soundcloud until I finish for good. It is in the original link now.

Thanks for listening.